5 Kensington Gardens
The west side of Kensington gardens was developed from 1808, the first street northwards from North Road. The Gardens now form an attractive pedestrian shopping street at the heart of North Laine. The houses and shops on the eastern side originally did have gardens with the gardens providing the space for single storey extensions. No 5 Kensington Gardens is an excellent example of an early c19th building with a bowed front of mathematical tiles. Other buildings of note with their original facades are nos 7-11, also on the western side. The eastern side of the Gardens was developed after 1826.